Follow @WkndProjectGirl Tweet

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sweet Cashew Milk

This is a little off topic, but it was one of my projects this weekend!  Plus it's not something you hear about everyday! I've recently started exploring the world of juicing and am a huge fan of the Blueprint Cleanse from NY.   However, it can be pretty pricey so I've decided to take matters into my own hands... of course!

I recently purchased their "cook" book and I'm excited to say today was my first time to try it! 

Gotta love the cashew health benefits!
Cancer Prevention
Heart Health
Beautiful Hair and Skin!
Bone Health
Good for the nerves
Woo Hoo - Gallstone prevention :)
Promotes weight loss




Here's the recipe!  Think Chai!


Prep Time: 5 minutes (after the cashews soak)

1/2 cup raw cashews
2 cups filtered water
1-1/2 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil (TONS of health benefits!)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons agave nectar (doesn't create a spike in blood sugar levels like honey)
A few dashes of cinnamon* (helps regulate blood sugar levels)
pinch of sea salt (gives you energy)

Soak the raw cashews for 1 hour in 1 cup of water (this is different than the 2 cups of filtered water)

Drain the nuts.  Combine all ingredients and blend until completely smooth.  (I used a food processor, but I'm not sure if its necessary).  Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.  Shake well before drinking.  natural separation will occur.

*Cinnamon is in one of their other cashew milk recipes.  I added it to this because it adds good flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?